In the construction world, safety is a big deal. While we have many types of equipment to minimize hazards, technology to reduce the chance of injury, and some of the best trainers in the world just a phone call away, statistics continue to show that construction has the highest rate of injuries requiring days away from work than any private industry sector. Those who work at elevated heights are the most at risk of suffering an injury:
- A worker fatality occurs every 134 minutes.
- Roofers had the highest rate of fatalities within the construction market and iron workers were second
- think about how important it is to wear the correct safety equipment,
- pay attention to your surroundings and
- stay focused, so you won't get hurt and cost your company money or slow down the job.