Project Manager - Mobile Operations
Posted On: June 18th 2018
This role will be responsible managing all administrative and technical requirements for construction projects. Manages all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financials set-up and updates, and schedule to ensure projects are completed in a quality, profitable, safe and timely manner. Maintain constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer needs and expectations in all aspects of assigned projects.
Project Financial Responsibilities
- Determines resources needed – people, tools, equipment, materials and internal services for each project.
- Assists with Preconstruction Services to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in assigned projects.
- Manages construction schedule and organization and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project.
- Assists with creating and managing project budgets.
- Assists in preparing bid packages and subcontract scopes of work; set up subcontractor pre-work meeting, keep minutes and follow up.
- Complies with requirements of owner contracts (such as bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs).
- Defines team member responsibilities for processing submittals including taking ownership of more difficult trades in cases of limited staff.
- Confirms all required paperwork from subcontractors and suppliers is completed at appropriately designated times before and during the project.
- Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary.
- Communicates with all suppliers and subcontractors to be certain they understand performance standards related to predetermined schedules or plans and specifications. If performance problems occur, coordinate with the Project Manager regarding the appropriate actions to take with the subcontractor.
- Attend all mandatory periodic planning, progress, and close out meetings with project staff and other key people on project concerns, problems, and unexpected situations that may arise with subcontractors, suppliers, customer changes, etc.
- Compare progress to schedule, compare actual versus estimated cost, check compliance with plans and specifications, review any problems, and verify the quality of work being performed meets contract specifications and Company guidelines.
- Manage the project closeout process to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer.
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
Represents White-Spunner by promoting the company’s mission to clients, peers and team members. Communicates our vision and purpose by consistently exhibiting servant minded actions in every aspect of your daily functions. Offering unmatched customer focus and always going above and beyond industry standards.
- Participates in personal career development by attending operations training programs and completes a minimum of four (4) hours of continuing education annually.
- Driven by Integrity
- Customer Focus
- High Ethical Standards
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Developing Direct Reports
- Motivating Others
- Planning & Problem Solving
- Building Effective Teams
- The Ability to Work Both Independently and as Part of a Team Dynamic
- BS in Construction Management, Building Science, Engineering, or related field plus 4 to 6 years of experience in leadership positions on projects of various sizes preferred. A minimum of 7 years in the construction industry.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others.
- Ability to manage multiple activities/projects, meet multiple deadlines and network with staff, management and clients.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
Normal professional office setting and some on-site field work. Evening and/or weekend work. Travel required. (Less than 50%)
Typical Physical Needs:
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. May need to climb stairs, ladders and/or scaffolding and lift up to 30 lbs.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer, and we look to fill every position with the best qualified person regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability or national origin. With our home office in Mobile, Alabama we recruit from all over the Southeast to find the right fit for every position.
Drug Free Workplace:
We are an Alabama Drug Free Workplace, all prospective employees are subject to successful completion of pre-employment drug screen.