Under minimal supervision from the Sr. Project Manager, responsible for overall project coordination, including planning, scheduling, and
controlling all aspects of project from pre-construction to close out.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
¨ Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Building Science, Engineering or related field required; may
consider Bachelor’s degree in non-related field with relative work experience;
¨ Minimum five years experience/knowledge of Construction industry, design, finance, and
management required; Minimum three years in a project management position required;
¨ Thorough understanding of estimating, scheduling, contract negotiations, job costing and
¨ Superior communication and interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, influence required;
¨ Working knowledge of MS Windows, Excel, Bluebeam and/or Adobe and project software
required; Timberline Accounting and Timberline Estimating preferred;
¨ Ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities required;
¨ Ability to handle varied degrees of stress/pressure required;
¨ Excellent mathematical and accounting skills required;
¨ Availability and ability to travel required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL NEEDS:
Requires sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and
manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other
office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and
communicate appropriate reports. May need to climb stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolding and lift up
to 30 lbs.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal professional office setting and some on-site field work. Evening and/or weekend work.
1. Assumes direct profit and loss responsibilities for assigned projects.
2. Accurately represents profit and loss statements relative to assigned projects.
3. Understands risk analysis associated with project types and advises management accordingly.
4. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within
boundaries of corporate policy.
5. Support work product in relation to position and associated job duties.
6. Ensure lien rights are established at the start of a project and protect them during construction
and at completion of project.
7. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to
ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations
and implement corrective measures.
8. Visit jobsites and Superintendents a minimum of once every two weeks.
9. Implement and manage subcontracts, purchase orders, and owner change orders.
10. Review and approve invoices, change orders, and payables/receivables.
11. Manage financial aspect of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously
maintain good relationship with client.
12. Act as owner’s primary contact; liaison between owners, architects and subcontractors.
13. Represent company in project meetings.
14. Ability to work on-site for specific projects in which required.
15. Solicit prospective clients.
16. Serve as a member of at least one (1) local community and/or civic organization.
17. Other duties as assigned.